We are open Monday - Friday from 7.30 am till 6 pm
The Meela Handbook is currently available from the main office.
The Objects of the Association:
The Objects of the Association are to:
- Establish and manage one or more Childcare Services.
- Promote the Welfare and care of children and families by providing and maintaining a quality Childcare Centre.
- Provide a secure, homely and stimulating environment appropriate to the development of children.
- Have regard for the cultural, language and other special needs of the children and families of the community.
- Provide and maintain suitable grounds, buildings and equipment for such purposes.
- Provide flexible opening hours to meet the needs of the community.
- Encourage parental and community involvement.
The property and income of the Association shall be applied solely towards the promotion of the objects of the Association and no part of that property or income may be paid or otherwise distributed, directly or indirectly, to members, except in good faith in the promotion of those objects.
Meela Child Care Centre Inc is a quality Child Care Centre where Parents / Families & Children are welcome and embraced.
The Meela Child Care Centre Inc encourages and promotes:
- Parent and Family participation in the activities associated with the centre.
- Community Groups to share their expertise and experiences.
- The development, knowledge and implementation of strategies encouraging health, nutrition, safety and wellbeing.
- Staff to learn & develop through further training, performance appraisal and feedback.
- Open and effective communication
- Input, ideas and suggestions.
The importance of early childhood and the value of play is considered integral in decision making and is reflected in all aspects of the programmes, routines and day to day activities. Staff beliefs reflect the importance of children’s learning and development through the understanding of Theories including Erikson (Psychosocial development through 8 stages), Piaget’s Cognitive theory and Vgotsky (Social and Cultural Experiences). Staff believe in a child’s right to play, learn, develop and engage in quality interactions.
Programmes are child centred incorporating written observations, interpretations and evaluations. Programmes reflect and include:
- The diverse values of children, families, staff and the wider community.
- Routines and activities fostering the strengths, needs and interests of children.
- Opportunities and experiences which encourage development in all developmental domains.
- Safe, fun and stimulating environments which vary in accordance with children’s strengths, needs and interests.
- Opportunities for the children to be challenged in a safe and supported environment.
- Opportunities for the children to develop autonomy and independence.
- Children will experience flexibility, freedom of choice and spontaneity.
- Communication between Staff, Parents and Families.
The Meela Child Care Centre aims to create a loving, nurturing and happy environment where staff respond to the children’s emotional, mental and physical needs in a respectful and caring manner.
The Meela Child Care Centre is a place for children to enjoy their childhood and form lasting friendships and memories.